Watching the Clock: Tips During the Home Loan Process
You’ve picked the home. Check.
You’ve made your offer. Check.
Now, the waiting game.
It can make any steady person uneasy just waiting to hear back on your loan’s approval. With AmeriTitle’s Buyer Checklist, you can take a look at some of the quick tips on ensuring your loan progresses smoothly.
As a quick reference, check out some of the best things you can do while you wait for your loan to process:
- Don’t switch jobs (at least, not yet!). Continue working at the job shown on your loan application.
- Do not make any large purchases until after the deal has been completed. Wait on that new car, furniture, or appliance!
- Keep up with your current loan or credit payments.
- Refrain from checking your credit score for any other purchases.
- Avoid switching banks or moving your money to a different bank account.
These are just some of the ways that will help you lock down that dream home. You’re in the final stretch!