Real Estate Tip of the Week: Prep for a Smooth Transaction
New to buying or selling a home? – You’ve come to the right place!
Here at Alliance Title, we take pride in providing the best closing experience for everyone involved – that means agents, lenders, and their customers. In order to help throughout this transaction, we thought it would be best to outline some quick tips and tricks that can ensure a smooth and easy transaction.
COVID has changed some of our signing procedures, so please also read our blog detailing our safety measures.
Outside of COVID’s safety measures, please provide the following to your escrow team:
- The completed and signed Earnest Money Agreement (EMA). Be sure the EMA is legible.
- All addendums to the EMA.
- All commission verification forms.
- Phone numbers, email addresses, and/or fax numbers for your clients and/or the lender they are using.
- Any additional insight or information regarding your customer(s) that may help make the process go without a hitch the day of closing, such as:
- The need for a translator;
- If they are visually, audibly, or physically impaired;
- If they require separate signings (i.e., divorce)
- Homeowner’s Association contact information
Other quick tidbits:
- Carefully review the title commitment – if any questions arise, contact your escrow team ASAP!
- Encourage the seller to:
- Provide payoff authorizations promptly.
- Review their state withholding requirements with their account (if applicable).
- Encourage the buyer to:
- Shop for the best homeowner’s insurance rates and options promptly.
- Notify your escrow team immediately should an issue or problem arise before the closing date.
AmeriTitle’s Client-Resource Guide will help get everything organized before the closing date!
View all comments