Finding the Best Real Estate Agent for You
Purchasing or selling a home can be a bit overwhelming, especially if you do it on your own.
If you’ve been wondering – or planning – on how you can go about hiring a real estate agent, AmeriTitle’s Seller and Buyer Checklist will provide you with some quick tips and valuable information that can help jump start your home selling or purchasing process! We’ve got your back.
Hiring a real estate agent might seem scary, but it doesn’t have to be! You want an agent that can guide you through the entire process and help you feel confident and comfortable. Check out our steps to finding a real estate agent below:
Step One: Understanding Agent Associations
All REALTORS® and Real Estate Agents are required to be licensed by the state to represent buyers and sellers in property transfers.
A Realtor® is a real estate agent who is a member of the National Association of REALTORS®, which means that he or she must uphold the standards of the association and its code of ethics.
Step Two: Following Your Requirements
You’ll want to hire an agent who is familiar with your community or the neighborhood you are wanting to move to. Think about asking these questions when looking for a real estate agent partner:
- Do you mostly work with home buyers or sellers?
- Are you able to be reached on various platforms – email, text messaging, etc.?
- Are you a member of the local Multiple Listing Service (MLS)?
- Are you able to provide local real estate market trends, values, and statistics?
Step Three: Know the Who’s and the What’s
- The seller is represented by the listing agent
- The buyer is represented by the selling agent
- The selling agent is also referred to as the buyer’s agent
A real estate agent can guide your transaction and aid in your understanding of the real estate process. Check out AmeriTitle’s Blog for more guides and tips!