As of March 13, 2019
PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
AmeriTitle, LLC, (the “Company”) shares your concerns about privacy. The Company is committed to respecting the privacy of our customers. Therefore, in accordance with Federal and State laws and regulations, we are providing you with this notice of how we might use the information about you which we gather in the process of issuing a policy of title insurance and closing your real estate transaction.
Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) and the laws of the State in which you reside generally prohibit us from sharing non-public personal information about you with a third party unless we provide you with this notice of our privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that we collect about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom that information might be disclosed. In compliance with GLBA and the laws of this State, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of the Company.
Our Privacy Policies and Practices
Information we collect and sources from which we collect it: We do not collect any nonpublic information about you other than the following:
- Information we receive from you or from your attorney or other representatives on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, telephone number, or social security number
- Information about your transactions with us, such as description, price, or term
- In addition, we may collect other nonpublic personal information about you from affiliated/nonaffiliated third parties, such as individuals and companies other than those proposed for coverage, which may include information in documents received from your lender
Information we disclose to third parties
In the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information that we collect (as described above) about you or others without your permission to the following types of institutions for the reasons described:
- Financial Service Providers:
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction;
- To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency for either this Company or the entity to which we disclose the information to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you.
- To an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities;
- To a third party such as a surveying, real estate tax research or municipal data firm if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us;
- To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies.
The disclosures described above are permitted by law. We require any third party who receives information from us to agree to not disclose or use the information provided other than to carry out the purpose(s) for which it was disclosed.
WE DO NOT DISCLOSE ANY NONPUBLIC PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU WlTH AFFILIATES OR NON-AFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES FOR ANY PURPOSE THAT IS NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED BY LAW.
Your right to access and amend your personal information:
You have the right to request access to the personal information that we record about you. Your right includes the right to know the source of the information and the identity of the persons, institutions or types of institutions to whom we have disclosed such information within 2 years prior to your request. Your right includes the right to view such information and copy it in person, or request that a copy of it be sent to you by mail (for which we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover our costs). Your right also includes the right to request corrections, amendments or deletions of any information in our possession. The procedures that you must follow to request access to or an amendment of your information are as follows:
To obtain access to your information from AmeriTitle.: You should submit a request in writing to:
15 Oregon Avenue
Bend, OR 97703
The request should include your name, address, policy number, telephone number and the information to which you would like access. The request should state whether you would like access in person or a copy of the information sent to you by mail. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to arrange providing you with access in person or the copies that you have requested.
To correct amend or delete any of your information: You should submit a request in writing to the address referenced directly above. The request should include your name, address, policy number, telephone number, the specific information in dispute, and the identity of the document or record that contains the disputed information. Upon receipt of your request, we will contact you within 30 business days to notify you either that we have made the correction, amendment or deletion, or that we refuse to do so and the reasons for the refusal which you will have an opportunity to challenge.
Our practices regarding information confidentiality and security:
We restrict access to nonpublic information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Our policy regarding dispute resolution:
In the event you believe the Company has not complied with the Privacy Policies and Practices as set forth in this Notice, you must give the Company notice in writing addressed to the Compliance Officer at the above address setting forth the reasons for such non-compliance. The Company shall not be deemed to be in breach of the Privacy Policies and Practices unless is has not resolved or explained the issues set forth in such notice within thirty (30) days to your reasonable satisfaction. All claims arising under this Notice shall be settled by arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Reservation of the right to disclose information in unforeseen circumstances:
In connection with the potential sale or transfer of its interests, the Company reserves the right to sell or transfer your information (including but not limited to your address, name, age, sex, zip code, state and country of residency and other information that you provide through other communications) to a third party entity that (1) concentrates its business in a similar practice or service; (2) agrees to be a successor in interest of the Company with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected; and (3) agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.
Other Important Information:
The Company’s website may contain links to other websites or Internet resources. The Company does not endorse or otherwise accept responsibility for the content or privacy policies of those websites or Internet resources.